Vapor Barrier 6 mil/10 mil
Mold originates in the ground and a properly installed plastic vapor barrier inhibits mold transfer to your crawl sealing joists. Since 50% of your home’s air comes from your crawl … keeping mold suppressed is always a good investment.
We run lights throughout to make your crawl owner friendly.
Vapor Barrier Sealed
Sealing your crawl 100% from your crawl dirt floor significantly improves your homes air quality immediately. Running 10 mil plastic up the walls and attaching them to the crawl wall and foam sealing for a 100% seal. Sealing pillars, doors and all pipes and electrical coming from the exterior. Case studies in NC show keeping insulation in and sealing crawl adds 15.3% energy efficiency to your home.
We recommend removing the old insualtion if more that 2-3 years old for air and health factors.
Crawl Space Encapsulation
Vented vs Sealed Crawl
The ultimate solution to great air quality and energy efficiency. Removing your old moldy insulation then spraying mold inhibitor to sanitize your crawl then seal vents, pillars, doors and insulating your crawl walls with either spray foam or rigid board insulation.
Sealed Crawl Video
Before and After
Proper sealing and insulation
of your crawlspace will:
- Save energy and money by keeping heat and air conditioning inside
- Minimize problems with condensation, wood rot, mold and mildew
- Keep your floors noticeably warmer
- Reduce air infiltration and drafts
- Provide waterproofing
- Seal entry paths against termites
- Control radon infiltrationIn 2002, Sealed Solution did a case study studied on a group of 12 homes here in NC . We found that the 4 that had vented crawl spaces had Relative Humidity that tracked the humidity of the outside air and that the 8 that had sealed crawl had Relative Humidity levels that stayed under 60%. That means the sealed crawls had moisture levels consistent to what your 1st floor relative humidity levels are.
Why is this important?
Keeping your crawl dry and cool and a light airflow stops mold and keeps your floors at a perfect humidity so they last indefinitely
Let me try to save you some time and see if I can assist educating you on your crawlspace.
–Underestimated cancer risks related to radon exposure
Radon is the second-leading cause of lung cancer behind smoking.
A report recently released by the President’s Cancer Panel focuses on underestimated cancer risks related to environmental contaminants and other harmful exposures, including radon. The report, “Reducing Environmental Cancer Risk: What We Can Do… [Read More] Original articles web page
- Rodent Infestation
- Mold & Mildew
- Musty Odors
- Standing Water
- High Moisture Levels
- Structural Rot & Decay
- Cupping Hardwood Floors
- Heat & Energy Loss
- Energy bills
- Allergies & Asthma
- Radon Gas Seepage
- Home Value
- Energy Efficiency
- Usable storage area
- Peace of Mind
Crawl Space Sealing & Insulation System Benefits:
- Eliminates excessive, destructive mold and moisture within the crawl space
- Greatly improves indoor air quality, not only within the crawl space but throughout the entire home
- Reduces the number one source for entry of radon gas into the home
- Protects against allergens such as mold and dust mites throughout the entire home
- Seals out bugs, spiders and termites from the crawl space
- Insulates the crawl space and reduces energy costs
- Creates a clean, dry, sanitary crawl space, making it an ideal storage area
- Protects structure of home from dry rot and termites
- No more crawl space musty smells from moisture and mold
- Cost-effective, no mess, one-day installation
- Great investment – increases resale value of home DIY Enthusiasts